Like us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter

Should I Hire A CCA?

As a grower, you have a lot invested in your fields. Help protect your investment and business by consulting with a Certified Crop Adviser (CCA). CCA's are experienced and trained in field and crop management.


Should I Become A CCA?

Having a CCA designation provides growers with the confidence that you have a recognized level of expertise as a crop consultant. The CCA designation is also well respected in industry and will contribute to your reputation among other industry players.


Farm Agronomist

Position:Farm Agronomist
Job Location:Scandia, Alberta
Apply Before:January 31, 2018
Availability:full time permanent
Description:Farm Agronomist for a large Irrigation Farm.

Assist staff as resource for decisions on chemical products and technology.

Support crop and growing management planning and decisions.

Input data requirements for government/private companies, surveys and programs.

Work with Retailers, Co-op, and Associations with seed and chemical Trials.

Collect and or supervise soil, petiole, and crop for analysis in growing season.

Be able to attend local association seminars, meetings and tours as representative of the Company and to report back to management.

Comply with Safety on the Farm and safe driving practices and co-ordinate with the same on the farm.

Qualifications:Undergraduate degree in Agricultural Sciences is required.

Knowledge in production of potatoes, seed, canola, soybeans and grains in definitely an asset.

Excellent organization, time management skills and group interactive skills.

Technical interests and skillsstrued as all responsibilities, duties and skills for this position.

Successful candidate should be a self starter with a strong work ethic.

Contact name:Stan Kanegawa
Company:S-Scan Farms Ltd
Address:Box 27095
State / Province:Alberta

« Return to view all job postings