There are many reasons to hire a Certified Crop Adviser.
CCA's are knowledgeable in field and crop management, experts in the identification of problem weeds, diseases and pests, and are honest as they all abide by a strict code of ethics.
CCA's are knowledgeable:
- Field mapping, planning and documentation.
- Spring and fall soil bed management.
- Seeding rates, depth and springtime fertility management.
- Post harvest management (grain and oilseed storage management).
- General farm safety rules of thumb.
CCA's are experts:
- Identification of weeds, disease and pest problems within typical Prairie cropping systems.
- Providing pesticide or cultural solutions for your weed, disease and pest problems.
- Rates, dates and rules (including water volume specs) for pesticide application.
CCA's are honest:
- Abide by a strict code of ethics:
- only recommend what a farmer needs to make a reasonable rate of return.
- exercise due diligence in making recommendations.