How To Join
To become a Certified Crop Adviser, you must pass 2 comprehensive exams that may both be written on the same day at the same location. The International exam is written by all CCA's in North America. The local or Prairie region exam is written by all persons wanting to work as advisers anywhere in the 3 Prairie provinces.
The next writing of the CCA exam will be held on Friday, February 3, 2017 in Olds AB, Saskatoon SK and Brandon MB. The exam registration site will open on Monday, October 3rd and will close on December 9, 2016.
- Study materials for the International CCA exam are available through the International Plant Nutrition Institute web site.
- Study materials for the Prairie CCA exam can be obtained by calling the Assiniboine Community College bookstore at (204) 725-8721. Visa and MasterCard orders are accepted.
- An on-line study guide called the 'Certified Crop Adviser Prep Course' has been developed and is now available on-line at the University of Saskatchewan. For more details or to register, go to https://ccde.usask.ca/cca.
- An in-person tutorial is offered at Assiniboine Community College from January 9 to 12, 2017. Contact Jo-Anne at (204) 725-8700 (ext. 6716) to register.
- An in-person tutorial is offered at Olds College from January 3 to 6, 2017. Please visit https://www.oldscollege.ca/continuing-education/agriculture/workshops-and-tutorials/certified-crop-advisor-tutorial/ for more information.
Those pursuing their certification can challenge the exams at any time. However, once you successfully complete both tests you must then apply for your certification. To meet the requirements, you must have the required amount of crop advising experience: 2 years with a Bachelor's degree, 3 years with a diploma and 4 years with no formal education.
You must document education and advising experience with transcripts and supporting references as outlined in the Certified Crop Adviser Certification application (provided after passing of the 2 CCA exams).
You must sign and agree to uphold the CCA Code of Ethics.
If you have any questions or concerns, please review our extensive FAQ section. Alternatively you can contact your local Provincial Rep: